Whether you’re a Home Cook, Foodie or Restaurant Enthusiast, pork deserves a special place on your fork. Pork is one of the most popular meats on the planet, not only because of its incredible flavor and variety of preparation styles, but also because of the nutritional value it offers.
Here are 10 reasons you need to put pork on your fork:
- Pork contains healthy doses of zinc and selenium.
- Lean cuts of pork are just as lean as chicken.
- Pork is high in protein. Protein is important for muscle building and keeping organs healthy.
- Pork is high in vitamin B12, vitamin b6, thiamine, niacin, selenium, zine and phosphorous.
- Pork is a good source of riboflavin and potassium.
- Pork is Trans Fat free. The fat content of pork varies. It is mainly made up of saturated and monounsaturated fats.
- Fresh pork cuts are naturally low in sodium.
- The iron in pork is easy for the body to absorb and also aids the absorption of iron from bread and vegetables.
- Pork contains a number of bio active meat compounds, such as creative, taurine, and glutathione.
- Moderate consumption of properly prepared pork can very well fit into a healthy diet.
About Spragg’s Meat Shop
Spragg’s Meat Shop is a family owned and operated business located in Rosemary, Alberta. Greg and Bonnie Spragg raise hogs, process, and market their pork products direct to Albertan consumers. Spragg’s works hard to produce the best pork for Albertans, from the day the pigs are born, to the day the pork chops are cut, bacon is smoked and the roast is marinated. The Spragg family hopes that you get as much enjoyment eating their pork as they do getting it to your table.