When working in the kitchen, good knives are key. Without them, food preparation is complicated and even dangerous. Our handy list of kitchen knives will help give you an idea of what you need in your kitchen:
- Chef’s Knife – If you have no other knife in your kitchen, make sure that the one you have is a good quality chef’s knife. Quite versatile for a number of tasks, you’ll find this knife helpful for everything from chopping, dicing, slicing, and even preparing smaller cuts of meat, such as your free range pork.
- Serrated Knife – Serrated knives are often underestimated. This helpful knife is key for slicing a loaf of homemade bread and easily cutting tomatoes. A serrated knife will also provide security when cutting fibrous foods such as pineapple.
- Paring Knife – A smaller knife that’s helpful when cleaning up vegetables and completing peeling jobs, a paring knife is another must-have for any kitchen.
- Filet Knife – This knife is great for preparing cuts of meat. It features a very thin, but very sharp blade.
- Cleaver - Last but not least, a cleaver fills out your knife set. This knife can handle even the toughest food materials such as bones and cartilage. If you’re planning on making your own cuts of meat, this is the knife to have.
If possible, make sure your kitchen is stocked with these important tools and you’ll be ready to prepare any recipe that you please.
About Spragg’s Meat Shop Spragg’s Meat Shop is a family-owned and operated business located in Rosemary, Alberta. Greg and Bonnie Spragg raise hogs, process, and market their pork products direct to Albertan consumers. Spragg’s works hard to produce the best pork for Albertans, from the day the pigs are born, to the day the pork chops are cut, bacon is smoked, and the roast is marinated. The Spragg family hopes that you get as much enjoyment eating their pork as they do getting it to your table.