With regular season NFL underway and the CFL heating up, fall is football season! This is a perfect recipe if you’re hosting friends and family on game day, and if you’ve got a big group of fans, you can even prepare two to feed around 30 people. Ingredients
1 (5 pound) pork butt roast
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (12 fluid ounce) can beer
1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle of barbeque sauce
- Set the slow cooker to High.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker. Season top of pork with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Pour beer into the bottom of the slow cooker and place the lid on the slow cooker crock.
- Cook pork on High for 1 hour. Reduce slow cooker heat to Low and cook for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Discard juices and rinse out slow cooker crock. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and stir barbeque sauce into pork.
- Cook on Medium for 1 hour.
Serve on onion or hamburger buns.
About Spragg’s Meat Shop
Spragg’s Meat Shop is a family-owned and operated business located in Rosemary, Alberta. Greg and Bonnie Spragg raise hogs, process, and market their pork products direct to Albertan consumers. Spragg’s works hard to produce the best pork for Albertans, from the day the pigs are born, to the day the pork chops are cut, bacon is smoked, and the roast is marinated. The Spragg family hopes that you get as much enjoyment eating their pork as they do getting it to your table.