Are you that guy or gal that somehow always ends up with a hot dog that’s mostly charcoal, barely cooked or somehow, all of the above? Follow these quick tips, and you’ll be grilling with the best of them, just in time for summer!
- Be sure to heat your hot dogs on medium
- Watch them carefully. As tempting as it might be, be sure not to walk away from the grill.
- Continue to turn them regularly. There’s nothing worse than a half-burned half-uncooked hot dog.
- Hot dogs are finished when they start to expand. If they’re starting to sputter, then they’re more than done!
- Pull up your favourite condiments, and enjoy!
Now that you know how to grill like a pro, be sure to pick up our May BBQ Box. For just $30, you get the following BBQ classics:
- 6 Pork Boston Butt Steaks
- 6 Bavarian Smokies
- 6 Gourmet Hot Dogs
This promotion is available from all of May in Calgary and Rosemary, Alberta.
About Spragg’s Meat Shop Spragg’s Meat Shop is a family-owned and operated business located in Rosemary, Alberta. Greg and Bonnie Spragg raise hogs, process, and market their pork products direct to Albertan consumers. Spragg’s works hard to produce the best pork for Albertans, from the day the pigs are born, to the day the pork chops are cut, bacon is smoked, and the roast is marinated. The Spragg family hopes that you get as much enjoyment eating their pork as they do getting it to your table.